Sunday, November 25, 2007

The Family Wedding

My apologies to readers who found no new postings during October!

In OctoberI suprised my family back in Ottawa by arriving unannounced for a family wedding, which I had pined to, but never thought I could attend, too far, too costly, etc.
I found a magician of a new travel agent here in Delhi, who got me cheap, confirmed tickets on AeroSvit, Ukraine Airlines. So off I went, bearing gifts, for a crazy two week visit!

I particularly wanted to surprise my wonderful niece Isabelle, ( Izzy) our adorable bride.

In this I succeeded, see the pix captured by her Dad, our brother Miche, when our sister Madeleine went up the stairs, and I came down!

(I surprised him too, I called from Madeleine's house, and he said, "you're where? you are NOT...!")
When I was home in July, I was invited by Izzy for a special preview of her wedding gown, still at the fitting stage with Justina McCaffrey. Here is the Bride to Be, in the fab gown.
Lush fabric, double-sided cream satin.





And here she is trying on my beautiful family Victorian heirloom necklace that I offered her to wear, it was her french great-grandmother Rachel's, it is red gold with seed pearls. Izzy's mother Roberta wore it when she married her father ( Miche) too!
I contributed the day of the wedding by helping decorate the hall, we strung up dozens of hand-made tissue paper flowers on fishing line.

Everything went so well, and everyone had a great time!


More family pix;

Miche, Evey, moi, Felix First Dance Kurt, Roberta, Drew, Izzy, Miche, Hugh


Madeleine Moi, Hugh, Roberta, Kurt

I was really lucky, it's been 4 years since I'd been home for Thanksgiving! We enjoyed a fantastic big dinner at Evey's house. I felt like I was in a dream. I hadn't seen a red maple leaf since 2004 either, and there were lots of those too. Fresh nippy air, compared to Delhi it feels like breathing peppermint. And the light.. such CLEAR light, my eyes felt funny, who turned on the big halogen lights?
The time flew by so fast, really dream-like. Thanks family and freinds who gave me a "non-stop pajama party" camping in your homes! I apologize to those of you who I didn't get time to call or visit in Ottawa, it was such a rush.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Andree,
Congratulations to Izzy - and Miche too! Nice pix. I especially like the one of you in all that gorgeous fall colour.
Best, Jan

Ineke Imbo said...

Beautiful pictures! You ALL look lovely! Cheers, Ineke and Steven